We represent 1,500 local residents, from Stowmarket, Combs Ford, Battisford, Moats Tye and Little Finborough, who signed a validated petition to Mid Suffolk District Council (MSDC) objecting to planning application DC/18/02380. The proposed development site is known historically as Mill Mount Field.
The Planning Application was turned down by MSDC on 26th September 2018. The applicant (Gladman Developments Ltd) has appealed the decision, and an Appeal Hearing will take place starting on 23rd July 2019.
For the latest position on the Planning Application and the subsequent Appeal click here.
SMMF are contesting the Appeal. With the help of our supporters we submitted a comprehensive set of arguments to the Planning Inspectorate to meet their 6th December 2018 deadline for representations from interested parties.
Our full submission consists of the following PDF documents:
1. A statement of case
2. Grade 1 listed St Mary’s Church and its setting (Appendix. Pocket Histories of Suffolk Parishes No.12.-Combs)
3. Impact of the development on the landscape
4. Mill Mount Field – a valued landscape
5. Archaeological potential of the site
6. Mind the gap! Maintaining the strategic gap between Stowmarket and Combs
7. Traffic and road safety
For further information and to join our e-mail bulletin list, please send a message to email@example.com