St Mary's Church Combs
Welcome to St Mary's Church, Combs, Suffolk, a place of Christian worship for nearly 800 years. Our magnificent 15th Century building is the focus of our church community which gathers week by week to engage with God’s Mission of love to the world. Will you join us on our journey?
We give shape to our work by following the 'Five Marks of Mission' adopted by the Anglican Church worldwide, and seek to show them both in our communal and individual lives. They are to:
- proclaim the good news of the Kingdom
- teach, baptize and nurture new believers
- respond to human need by loving service
- seek to transform unjust structures of society, challenging violence, injustice and oppression and working for peace and reconciliation
- strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustaining and renewing the life of the earth
Our parish of Combs borders the southern edge of Stowmarket parish. It includes Combs Ford and Combs village* together with a large area of surrounding arable farmland, including the hamlets of Moats Tye and Little London.
We are continuing to develop strong links with the staff and children at Trinity Church of England Primary School, Lavenham Park, Combs*, the only church school in Stowmarket, which opened in September 2014.
Please explore the pages on our church and our services, and we promise to give you a warm welcome when you come to see us in person. Often I lead the worship, otherwise it will be another Minister from our team.
Rev Chris Childs
*Links to external websites open in a new window